Oh, you pretty things...

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places." - Ernest Hemingway

10.18.2009

Oh Me, Oh My!


Well, well, well.

What a week! I received a follow-up call from St. Lukes two weeks ago, and after days of phone-tag, we finally made the connection. They scheduled a second interview for me for the data entry position. Hip-Hip-Hooray!

Wednesday, I walked into St. Lukes dressed completely different from my first 3-hour interview. I went to the second floor (surgery deck) wearing a longish black skirt, gray v-neck t-shirt, and a long black cardigan. I was a different sort of bag lady that day.

After an hour of meeting new people and talking away, they gave me the news. The position was mine! Part time-3 hours a week. YES!

I start in 2 weeks (i think...they are going to call me...). I am just so excited about this that I had to write it down. It's small, but it's a stepping stone and it feels great. On the way home from the interview I even stopped in a few more places to apply. No luck. Not even the greasy spoon 24-7 diners are hiring! Oy vey.

But I know I'll be able to go on 2nd job interviews soon...I can feel it.


Fenn xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment