Oh, you pretty things...

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places." - Ernest Hemingway

8.16.2009

Ooof...


I just wanted to steal a moment to sing the praises of my local produce stand. Especially since it's located behind a Wal*Mart. Also especially, because a random older gentleman mumbled something about it to my husband as we were picking out tomatoes at the local grocery store last week.

I'm in love. With a produce stand. But not just any produce stand. Isaak's Produce Stand.

It's literally the most beautiful thing to come out of spending these last four months living off of a major 6 lane road in Clearwater. Oy.Bold It was worth it...

That entire beautiful bushel of fruits and veggies. $3.66. WHAT? Yes. THREE DOLLARS AND SIXTY-SIX CENTS. Why has it taken me so long to discover local shopping? Well, the only time I really ever bough from a local produce vender was while I was living in Newcastle, Australia. I bought an avocado for $6. BUT! I have shattered all my thoughts of how expensive these places are...and I have seen the light.


Fenn xxx

2 comments:

  1. I wanna shop where you shop, that incredible, bet i could write a funny story bout that.(jk)
    nice buy

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY....I love fresh produce...I have a dear friend who you would adore...heck, you'd probably pitch a tent in her yard...she grows marvelous, organic, lovely things...and when I visit I always seem to bring home a bag full...I think it's time to give her a call :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete