Oh, you pretty things...

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places." - Ernest Hemingway

5.25.2010

LOVE In Arabic

My husband is going to a Medical Institute in June to take an EMT course (three cheers! HOORAY!). I am seriously so excited for him. This is something he is really passionate about. I just told him though, he can't come home from work and share stories. Blood and guts and needles make me feel all squiggly (good word...use it) inside and like I'm about to faint.

So, he put in his two weeks notice at his animal trapping job. Last week, he was at woman's house who's first language was Arabic. She noticed the tattoo on Pearce's wrist ('LOVE' in Arabic) and asked about it. Pearce told her that the two of us were inked at our wedding reception and how we both think Arabic is a beautiful language. She ran out of the room and came back to Pearce with a book. She told him that her husband had used it to learn English, but that it is actually a book to learn Arabic. She gave it to us. To keep.

I really love people.

No comments:

Post a Comment