Oh, you pretty things...

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places." - Ernest Hemingway

8.02.2010

My Tumbleweed Dream Home

I don't have expensive dreams.
At least, I think I don't.
My dreams are beautifully tangible.

Don't get me wrong.
It's not because I don't know how to dream.
And it's not because I'm a lame dreamer.
I actually am really happy and passionate about my dreams.
And actually, I still need a bit of magic to make my dreams come true.
Isn't that what makes your dreams, dreams? Magic. I think so.

My first dream is to live in my own place with my husband.
Not just any place.
I HATE apartments.
I HATE town homes.
I HATE gated communities.
Not that I could ever afford that last one...and not that I would ever want to any way.

I hate money.
I hate that you have to have it.
I hate that I need it.

I don't have any of it. I've been eating week-old cereal for my meals since I got back from New Orleans.

(SIDENOTE: My parents gave me a grocery card last night so I can have something in the cupboards...so no worries about us.)

Actually, when my husband is out of school and is working, I want to have a little piece of land (rented or owned...probably rented. Owning is too...final.) and build a Roulotte.
With our own two hands.
It's perfect. Not too big.
Snug as a Bug.
It's how I was meant to roam the earth.
Simply.

3 comments:

  1. oh dreams. such beautiful things :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to help decorate and paint your lovely Roulotte, before you roam that is... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss,
    Excuse my intrusion. Your poetry is simply "Enchanting". It is very refreshing to find someone who accepts the awesome responsibility to just be themselves. It is even better to find they too are from the great State of Florida! I'm glad I decided to return to posting my poetry after a long absence . . . because I found your site :)

    ReplyDelete