Oh, you pretty things...

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places." - Ernest Hemingway

8.14.2010

Picking up the pieces after I've lost my mind...

After yesterday's vent, today feels so fresh.
Which isn't how it usually goes.
Today feels so good on my skin.

I'm not going to say something like:

'oh..today seems like it will be good, so probably something awful will happen.'

Boo.
Those words are not allowed in my head,
in my soul,
in my spirit,
or in my mouth.

Today will be a good day. It's already half way over and I have no complaints.
My husband is home and will be studying soon.
I have plenty of books to read.
We'll have a late lunch that will consist of a scavenger hunt for food...which we will make a game...instead of a panic.
And I have plenty of time to get some exercise.Maybe tonight while my husband is smoking a pipe, I'll sit out with him and count the stars...

Yes. Today is good.

2 comments: